Home -> John J. Newbegin -> The City of Domes -> Illustrations - > Design of the Exposition Made in 1912

Previous Page Home Up One Level Next Page

Drawing of the Exposition Made in 1912
Jules Guerin's drawing of the exposition, made in 1912, before the first building was undertaken. It shows that the general plan has been pretty constistently carried out. The difference between this plan and the exposition asit stands consists mainly of detail. The domed building to the left of the Palace of Horticulture, not to be found on the grounds, was intended to be the Temple of Peace. The two gatways on the Marina, dedicated to Columbus and Balboa, were omitted in the curtailing of expense.